Why do you only accept seasonal items?
We have a limited amount of space and completely fill up our racks with just one season’s clothing. How do you define Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter items?
Can I combine multiple pieces of clothing together for one price?
- Spring/Summer includes shorts, short sleeve tops, sundresses, lightweight fabrics, summer prints, sandals/flip-flops, swimwear
- Fall/Winter includes long sleeves, pants (including jeans), heavyweight fabrics (fleece, corduroy, velvet), winter prints, heavy coats, boots
- Some items could go either way. Just use your best judgement with these: capris, 3/4 length sleeves, skirts/jumpers, outfits that have pants w/ short sleeve top, lightweight jackets/cardigans, button up dress shirts, and lightweight infant pants, tops, and sleepers.
Yes, as long as they are the same size, you may group 2 items together. The exception is an outfit that clearly goes together with multiple pieces...in this case, you can include all the items that belong to the set.Do I have to use the online entry system to create my tags?
Yes, the online system creates a bar code for each item that we will scan at checkout when a customer wants to purchase an item. Without this bar code we will not be able to sell your item.If I change my mind and want to discount my items, do I have to reprint the tags?
Yes, if you change anything on the tag - the price, discount, or donate status - you will need to reprint the tag. All of this info is embedded in the bar code and your item will not scan correctly if the bar code changes. We cannot honor any handwritten changes on tags.Where can I get hangers and which type should I use?
You may use any type of hanger, as long as it is appropriately sized for the clothing you are hanging. You can get hangers for free at many dry cleaners. Walmart also sells children’s hangers rather inexpensively (including coated children's wire hangers).Will my hangers be returned?
We are able to remove some hangers from items at time of purchase. We will have the hangers available when you come to pick up and you will be able to take some back home with you. They will not be separated by consignor, so it is likely you may get back different hangers than what you brought.Do you have any stain removal tips?
Yes! While we are not endorsing these products or guaranteeing they will work, these have worked for us and we are happy to pass them on...
Can you give me some pricing recommendations?
- Yellow Stains: Mix about 1/2 c dishwashing detergent (such as Cascade) with 1/2 c of Clorox 2 in about 1-2 gallons of water. Soak the stained item for several hrs, then wash as usual. Works for other types of stains as well.
- Grease Stains: Use a toothbrush to apply Dawn dish detergent directly to the stain. Wash as directed.
- Markings on plastic toys: Magic Erasers work wonders!
- Bargain hunters are looking for great deals, so consider condition and brand
when pricing your items and price to sell! Our most successful consignors are those who price their items.
- We highly encourage you to designate
all or most of your items for discount. Many of our shoppers will not even consider purchasing an item on Saturday if it isn’t discounted. Better to get a little less for an item than nothing at all if it doesn’t sell!
- For most clothing and toys, 1/4 - 1/3 of the retail price is a reasonable asking price. A good rule of thumb is to price your items for slightly less than you would see them at a local discount store (like Ross, TJMaxx). We have included some specific ranges below, but these are suggestions and you may price your items as you wish.
- Kid's Clothes (per item)
- Carters/Target/Old Navy $1 - $3 (item minimum is $2, so group items if needed)
- Children's Place/Gap/Dept stores $3 - $5
- Gymboree/Justice/Better brands $4 - $8
- Boutiques 25%-35% of price paid
- New clothing with tags - 50% of price paid
- Larger kids sizes can be priced on the upper side of the range because they are in high demand. On the other hand, we always have an overabundance of infant/toddler sizes so we recommend pricing infant/toddler clothing closer to the lower end of the range.
- Maternity clothing (per item): $2 - $10 (varies depending on brand and type of clothing)
Where do you donate the items that don’t sell?
- Baby Equipment: Baby equipment and larger toys are in high demand and sell very easily as long as they are not extremely overpriced. We recommend pricing these items at 1/3 -1/2 of the retail price. Searching an online website (like Amazon.com, Walmart.com, or Target.com) will give you a good idea of the retail price of your item. Keep in mind that older models of items should be priced accordingly. Condition and brand are also important factors to consider in pricing.
Consignors have the option to donate their unsold items to charity or pick them up when the sale is over. During the Fall sale we will be donating unsold items to two wonderful organizations: Blue Ridge Pregnancy Center and Lynchburg Community Action Group.Help! I am registered to consign, but can’t sign in to my account.
On the consignor sign in page, click on “Trouble Logging in?” and follow the directions on the document.Help! I can’t get my tags to print.
You probably need to disable your pop up blocker. A simple way to stop the popup blocker is for you to hold down the CTRL key while you click the print button. This will disable the popup blocker for that particular link. You will need to do this each time you click print. If you want a more permanent solution, read below...
-Open Internet Explorer
-On the “Tools” menu, point to “Pop-up Blocker” and then click on
“Pop-up Blocker settings”
-Type “www.mysalemanager.net” in the “address of website to allow” box and click “Add”.